February 9, 2024 was the deadline for legislators to file bills for the upcoming session. Like everything else in Springfield, though, there is always a way to get past any deadline. So, if you have an idea for legislation that would improve how the state operates, please let me know and I will investigate filing legislation or getting a rule change.
Here is a look at some of the important legislation I have filed for this session:
- HB 5464 – Prevents public schools from using e-learning so that school facilities can house migrants
- HB 4345 – Prevents foreign ownership of agricultural land
- HB 4262 – Requires informed consent of patient prior to an abortion
- HB 4405 – Provides a 75%- or 50%-income tax credit based on age for property taxes paid
- HB 5163 – Requires safety policies to be in place before schools can offer online database resources to children in grades K-12.
The entire list of legislation I have filed or co-sponsored can be found at this link:
The list includes legislation filed for the entirety of the 103rd General Assembly.
—Democrats File Bill That’s Degrading to Law Enforcement—