The radical Democrats continue to take aim at our law enforcement with this insanity! The idea of filing a bill such as HB4603 is a prime example of priorities that are important to the supermajority party and their efforts to create anarchy.
Someone could be driving 20 mph’s over the speed limit, under the influence and police would not be allowed to make a safety stop. This bill would put communities at-risk and our law enforcement in tighter handcuffs!!
HB4603 amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Law enforcement would be breaking the law if they enforced the following:
- Stopping a vehicle for failing to display registration plates or stickers.
- Stopping a vehicle for operating with an expired registration sticker.
- Stopping a vehicle for speeding (unless it’s a misdemeanor or felony)
- Stopping a vehicle for improper lane usage (unless it’s a misdemeanor or felony)
- Stopping a vehicle because the operator is not wearing a seatbelt.
Drafting legislation like this destroys the very fabric that keeps communities safe. Rep. Slaughter said he will not call the bill…as of now.
Here is a perfect example of why stopping a vehicle for improper lane usage is so important
BACK THE BADGE PETITION
The brave men and women of law enforcement are under attack by politicians who choose “Soft-On-Crime” policies over Public Safety. Please sign my petition to let Springfield know that you stand with our heroic police officers over criminals.